For anyone on a budget, the prospect of fully furnishing your home seems daunting, but it does not have to be! There are several easy and effective ways to strategically design and arrange your living room space to accommodate even the tightest budget without sacrificing what matters: quality and style.
Like cooking any delicious dish, putting together a complete and satisfying living space is a process that requires the right utensils and comes with a five-part recipe for success. Fortunately, these utensils are already as easily within reach as your laptop.
1) Create your own recipe. Before you even begin to consider purchases, you need to have a clear plan for what your final living room will look like. This will help cut down on any unnecessary purchases. It also minimizes the chances that you will rush into selections that do not quite match the room’s overall look, fail to fit the physical space, or are lower quality, and will need to be replaced again later. This trap is easy to fall into when shopping in brick-and-mortar furniture stores and outlets, because of the pressure of making a snap decision or the seemingly impossibly good discount deal that can easily overwhelm better judgement.
2) Mise en place. Collecting the necessary information about your living room and knowing your exact budget requirements is the next step. This is more than taking measurements, though that is important, too! You should consider, for example, the color of your walls to begin to build a color pallet that will help you later in choosing furnishings that will not compete with any of the existing features of the room. Failing to do this might mean spending more on repainting or replacing carpet later, so prepare all your ingredients in advance!
3) Now it is time to cook! One of the easiest ways to guarantee that your living room will hold together without too many added accent pieces for flavor is to start by looking for a complete living room set. These sets come in every shape, size, color, and material under the sun, so one of the most practical approaches is to find sites that not only offer competitive pricing but allow you compare sets against one another as you narrow down which to toss into your skillet. Once you identify several potential options that fit with your original recipe, make sure you are getting the best deal on your set by comparing prices. Check prices on 1StopBedrooms: https://www.1stopbedrooms.com/living/living-room-furniture/living-room-sets.
4) Prepping your space. While you are waiting for your pain-free delivery of your chosen set set, the main ingredient in any living room, you can ensure that when it does arrive your space is ready for the furniture. Confirm where each piece will be placed, so that you do not need to perform any extra scrambling. Clean thoroughly, too, and seriously consider how you will continue to keep the area in good condition and maintain your living room set beyond basic vacuuming. Keeping your space clean is an easy way to extend the lifespan of your furniture, making your investment now worth even more.
5) Time to garnish! When your furniture is placed, your delicious décor is ready for the final touches. Before buying any throw pillows, blankets, wall décor or bookcases, remember that less is more. Focus on the essentials. If you have books that require a storage space, add a bookcase. However, do not add items simply because you have been told they belong in a living room or are necessary to complete a living area. And remember that people love to gift smaller items like pillows and picture frames. Do not rush to get everything absolutely perfect; leave room for life to fill out your space.
Remember that these are just guidelines. Not every space is the same and your space will have unique demands you must address, but be confident in the knowledge that you know your home you’re your style best. Now, your living room is finally ready for you and your friends to dig in and enjoy!