Whether you travel domestically or internationally, you should always have travel insurance. Your medical insurance policy would provide financial coverage for illness and other medical treatments in your hometown. However, the majority of medical insurance policies do not provide coverage abroad.
Check out the policies offered by Bajaj Allianz travel insurance, as they provide different types of travel insurance policies based on your needs.
Travel insurance may be mandatory if you plan to travel internationally, depending on your destination. For instance, travel insurance for Maldives may not be compulsory if you plan to travel from India to Maldives. But as a precaution, carrying travel insurance with you on all your international trips is always recommended for your safety abroad.
The most common benefits of travel insurance are protection, safety, and peace of mind, as your trip may include unpleasant surprises, such as delays, lost baggage, and health issues.
Here are a few things to consider while purchasing international travel insurance:
- Check with your current insurance provider: If you are going somewhere, you should look at travel insurance while booking your trip to avoid a lot of hassle later. In addition, you can inquire about the coverage with your current insurer to see if you can save some money.
You must carry your Schengen travel insurance if you travel to any European country like France, Switzerland, or Italy. *
- Policy duration: You can buy coverage covering one or several trips. Single-trip policies provide a range for only one travel each year.
On the other hand, the multi-trip approach can be better suited to frequent travelers. Always verify the policy’s duration before committing to it. One of the most significant advantages of purchasing a multi-trip travel insurance policy is that you do not need new coverage each time you travel within a year. Thus, it allows you to save money. *
- Medical cover: The health insurance component of a policy is essential. When traveling, a medical emergency can happen at any time. You can avoid financial hardship in a medical emergency by purchasing good travel insurance online before you leave. *
- Luggage cover: Verify that your travel insurance covers your baggage and other belongings. Some policies only cover losses to checked bags and have a separate clause for hand luggage. *
- Missed flights: Missed flights would not be covered by some travel insurance policies. However, your chances of getting your money back increase if you cut short your trip because of a political threat or another covered reason. The point of buying insurance is to protect yourself from financial loss in the case of any unfortunate or unexpected event. *
- Exclusions in your travel insurance plan: You need to know what your travel insurance may pay for and what it won’t. It would be best if you understood that insurance companies would not cover you for any pre-existing conditions unless it is life-threatening. *
- Do your research: Finally, shop for travel insurance online before deciding. Remember, you should not take the first deal you find. You can also compare the coverage and cost of various company insurance plans. *
* Standard T&C Apply
It’s essential to check that your online travel insurance meets your needs before you buy it. Similarly to what we stated earlier, you can look into popular policies, like those of Bajaj Allianz travel insurance, and then choose the one that works best for you. Additionally, think about the aspects above as you evaluate multiple policies.
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.’